Our Endowment & Memorial Gifts Committee provides supplemental funding for education, youth programs, community and global outreach, music, maintenance of the church building, and other donor-directed projects. This is a special way to give because the gift itself is generally not spent, but generates investment income. When you contribute in this way, your gift will keep on giving and growing for years to come.
Gifts may include:
- Memorials in memory of a loved one
- Gifts of love or gratitude
- Gifts to honor a loved one
- Gifts to commemorate a special event – graduation, marriage, birth or anniversary
- Wills – opportunities for Christian stewardship through estate planning today
- Gifts to realize tax advantages – real estate, securities or life insurance policies
- Naming Trinity as a beneficiary of a retirement plan i.e. IRA or 401K Plan
Some ways funds are used:
- Support missions at home and abroad
- Enhance Christian worship
- Reach the unchurched for Jesus Christ
- Support Christian education within the congregation, at Christian colleges and seminaries
- Support youth in Christian endeavors
- Provide financial assistance for Lutheran colleges
- Assist in community outreach including the elderly, the troubled, and the physically challenged
- Support education within the congregation at public universities and technical colleges
- Assist in the perpetuation of Trinity Lutheran Church
- Assist Trinity congregation with capital improvements
Endowment Funds (use interest & income only):
- Cook Fund – For music related items such as education, equipment, sheet music, etc.
- Intern Fund – To help fund seminary interns.
- Ottem Fund – Scholarships for students attending Lutheran Colleges or Seminaries.
- Rasmussen Fund – Scholarships for students attending public colleges or technical colleges.
- Roger Lewis Fund – For community outreach and social concerns.
- Seefluth Fund – For capital improvements and equipment.
- Youth (Acaley) Fund – To support youth ministry.
Memorial Funds (use both principle and interest):
- Altar Vestments Fund – To provide needed supplies for worship assistant and the altar.
- Music / Worship Fund – To support payment of guest musicians, music equipment, music supplies and hand bell supplies.
- Parish Nurse Fund – To support the ministries of our Parish Nurse.
- Sunday Church School Fund – To provide supplies for Sunday School and Vacation Bible School.
- Undesignated Memorials – For many uses.