What is Stephen Ministry?
Stephen Ministry is our congregation’s one-to-one caregiving ministry. God works through Stephen Ministers to plant a seed of hope and healing in a person whose life seems barren and forlorn because of some crisis or tragedy.
Stephen Ministry is grounded in Jesus’ command to love one another. Through one-to-one caring relationships, those who are hurting receive the love and care they need to support them.
- Is life more than you can handle alone right now?
- Is your health, your attitude, or your relationships suffering?
- Are you adjusting to a new job, a change in marital status, a serious illness, the death of a loved one, a recent move?
- Would you like to have someone in your life that really cares?
Everyone goes through difficult times. Having someone to care, to listen, to share God’s love with you can help you get through the confusion, stress, or loneliness you may be experiencing.
What is a Stephen Minister?
A Stephen Minister is…
- A child of God who walks beside a hurting person
- A caring Christian friend who really listens
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in how to provide distinctively Christian care
A Stephen Minister is NOT…
- A counselor or therapist
- A problem-solver
- A casual visitor
For more information or to confidentially request a Stephen Minister please contact the Pastor.